Full degree programme: Apply for admission and register?

Welcome at Odisee University College

If you are not a graduate from a school in the Flemish Community, you need to apply for admission with our online form here.  

If you have graduated from a school in the Flemish Community, you can start your pre-registration here - in Dutch.

Need help? Questions?


How to apply?


1st May 2017: non-EEA nationals who require a visa to study in Belgium.
15th August 2017: EEA nationals and non-EEA nationals residing in Belgium, with a residence permit valid until Oct. 31st 2017 or longer.

  1. Fill out the online application form
  2. Print and sign your application form and mail it together with the required documents

    Please note: All non-EEA nationals without permanent residency in Belgium have to pay a 75 EUR application fee.

Can I submit my documents via e-mail?

No, we will only assess complete application files that reach us by postal mail or are handed in in person at our Student Administrative Services Centre in Brussels. Hard copies, certified where required, are necessary. 

What do you mean by a certified/ legalized copy of my diploma?

Certified copies are copies of original documents that are certified with a stamp and signature to confirm that the copies are true to the originals. You can have documents certified by the educational institution that issued the documents or a Belgian municipality. A copy with an Apostil of the Hague attached is also  accepted. A (colour) photocopy is not sufficient, you need to send us the actual certified document.

I still need to complete my secondary school studies can I already apply?

Yes, if you are expected to graduate before the start of the 2017-2018 academic year but still need to complete your secondary school studies at the time of application you can already apply.
Please send us your intermediate transcripts, as well as a document issued by your secondary school that states that you are expected to graduate before the start of the 2017-2018 academic year.
Please note that your final transcripts and a certificate of graduation will need to be submitted upon enrolment.

Do I need to pay the application fee of EUR 75?

The application fee is one of the application requirements for non-EEA nationals without a long stay residency in Belgium (long stay = residency card of 5 years).  Applicants with an EEA-nationality do not have to pay the application fee.

Can I pay the application fee by credit card/cash/cheque?

The application fee can only be paid via bank transfer. You cannot pay by cheque, bank draft, credit card or in cash.

Do I need to submit a certificate as proof of my English language proficiency?

An exemption from this requirement is only possible for applicants with a university (college) degree or secondary school degree earned in Australia, English speaking Canada, the Caribbean Islands, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the USA: the certified degree and transcripts suffice, provided they confirm that the entire study was completed in English. (Applicants with a university (college) degree or high school degree obtained in Flanders or the Netherlands are also exempted.)

How long will the whole application process take?

From the moment we receive your application file by postal mail to the moment you receive an outcome on your application, we estimate a total of 3 weeks. Please note that due to public holidays this estimated time may be longer. Also bear in mind that Odisee University college is closed from 11 July till 15 August 2017, no applications will be handled during this time.

Do I need a visa to enter Belgium? What steps do I need to take?

More information can be found here.

How much tuition do I have to pay?

Students that register for a degree contract and for one year of full-time studying (60 credits) pay EUR 906,10.

You can find a list of tuition fees lower on this page.

When do I pay the tuition fee and can I pay by credit card?

Upon registration at our university college, you will receive an invoice at the Student Administrative Services Centre for the fixed amount of the tuition fee. Payment must be made within a few weeks. Paying the fee is only possible by bank transfer. The Registrar’s Office does not accept payment by cash, cheques or credit card. Once you have registered your individual study programme you will receive a second invoice by e-mail - on your student e-mail account - for the variable part of the tuition fee.

Can I transfer credits/ apply for exemptions based on my previously completed studies?

The transferring of credits is not possible. Exemptions can be granted when the content of the courses you obtained credits for matches the content of the courses of the BBM programme. Before we can give you an indication of your possible exemptions we however first need to establish that you meet our admission requirements and receive and assess your complete application file. (Please note: official exemptions can only be granted upon enrolment and once the required internal procedures have been completed.) 

Degree and credit contracts Student not entitled for a scholarship
Fixed fee € 234
Variable fee € 11,20/credit registered for
When registered for 60 credits € 906,10
Near-scholarship student *
Fixed fee € 234,10
Variable fee € 4,10/credit registered for
When registered for 60 credits € 480,10
Scholarship student *
Fixed fee € 106,90
Variable fee € 0/credit registered for
When registered for 60 credits € 106,90
Exam contract Fixed fee € 106,90
Variable fee € 4,10/credit registered for + € 50 for access to the digital learning environment
Increased tuition fee when insufficient balance of credits in learning account Not applicable for (near-) scholarship students € 11,20/credit for which no credit is  left in learning account

Tuition fee

For academic year 2017-2018 the tuition fee is set at € 906,10 for both EU and non-EU students.

  • The tuition fee you need to pay depends on the type of contract you register for, your entitlement to a scholarship from the Flemish Community and the number of credits you register for in 2017-2018.
  • Whether or not you are entitled to a scholarship by the Flemish Community depends on your nationality, residence status in Belgium and the income of your parents, your guardian or your personal income.