Marketing lecturer or guest professor - Bachelor of Business Management
For our Bachelor of Business Management with a major in Marketing, we are looking for an inspiring and engaging lecturer and supervisor with an aptitude for/specialization in international marketing. Besides this, the lecturer will also be responsible for supervising both theses and work placements (internships). The lecturer might also fulfil a position as a student coach.
This English degree program in international business, has students and lecturers with roots in over 80 different countries. Diversity and multiculturalism are therefore crucial.
This bachelor’s degree is a practical approach to business and heavily focuses on learning by doing. The program revolves around three main pillars: communication (English – French), applied marketing and project-based learning.
As a part of our BBM (Bachelor of Business Management) team, you’ll be bringing the right experience to the table as a Marketing lecturer, combined with a passion for education. Your competences and enthusiasm are in line with the assignment you would be taking on.
You will be employed as both a lecturer and a supervisor for theses and internships. Clearly communicating with students and being able to convey a message are key components for this position. As the BBM is a full English degree program, all classes are taught in English.
In brief the assignment will consist of:
- Lecturing in a variety of Marketing courses
- Supervising theses and work placements
- Coaching students throughout their academic careers
- You believe in what Odisee stands for and believe you can be an added value to our program
- You have a Master degree or PhD. Degree in business and marketing or equivalent through experience
- You are a native English speaker or you have a C1 CEFR in English. If this is not the case, the candidate can only be employed as guest professor.
- Native speakers must agree that they have to - in accordance with Flemish legislation - master the Dutch language at least at level A2 (according to the CFER or the European Framework of Reference) after two years and at least at level B2 within five years of appointment. As long as the B2 level is not obtained, the candidate can only be employed as guest professor.
- You have experience in the broader field of business and marketing
- You are capable of clearly conveying a message to students
- Diversity encourages you
- Inspiring young minds inspires you
- You are open to constructive criticism and constantly like to improve yourself
- Teamwork in a dynamic and stimulating environment
- CoOperation in a dynamic learning environment
- An interesting and varied position, packed with interesting networks, projects and opportunities to develop yourself
- This is a full-time or part-time position. Depending on the employment, we offer you:
- an assignment as a lecturer or guest professor starting on September 1st, 2021
- an open-ended contract, a fixed term contract or an ad interim contract
- Possible extension of fixed term contract or ad interim contract after positive evaluation
- Standardized pay scale depends on educational background (bachelor/master). More info on: https://onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/salaris
- The respective pay scales are 316 for Bachelors and 502 for Masters
- Possibility for tenure
- Previous professional experience can be included in your seniority if said experience is deemed useful for your position at the institution
- A full-time position implies 38 hours/week
- The assignment will initially be taking place on our Brussels campus
- Transportation expenses are completely covered for the commute between campus and your home. Other benefits include cycling allowance, discounts, beneficial terms for hospitalization insurance and interesting holidays.
Is dit een job voor jou?
Ben je geïnteresseerd in deze vacature en weet je zeker dat dit echt iets voor jou is?
Wens je bijkomende informatie?
Information containing the job contents can be requested by contacting Koen Coonen, BBM Program Manager, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0496 07 59 89.
Other information can be requested by sending an e-mail to Liesbeth Deryckere, personnel department, email@example.com.