2020-STAT-28 - ICT / business lecturer – Bachelor of Business Management (ENGLISH)
Wij Odisee, geloven in de kracht van mensen
We beschouwen verschillen als een verrijking. We vormen hoogopgeleide professionals. Onze focus logt op mensen hun talenten en ontwikkeling.Lees onze missie
Solliciteren voor deze job kan tot uiterlijk 8 juli 2020
DUTCH VERSION: ICT/Business lecturer - Bachelor of Business Management
At Odisee University of Applied Sciences we focus on COoperation. With our new and highly ambitious project, called Vision 2027, we aspire to become the University of Applied Sciences our future needs. This strategy will be built on two main pillars: co-creation and customer intimacy. In other words, we would like to collaborate, cooperate and co-create.
At Odisee we believe in the spirit of inclusivity. We welcome everyone at our university and pride ourselves on being sustainable and flexible. Our color grid symbolizes our dynamic attitude towards education and displays the importance we attach to diversity.
For our Bachelor of Business Management with a major in Marketing, we are looking for an inspiring and engaging lecturer and coach with an aptitude for/specialization in ICT for a business environment.
This English degree program in international business, has students and lecturers with roots in over 80 different countries. Diversity and multiculturalism are therefore crucial.
This bachelor’s degree is a practical approach to business and heavily focuses on learning by doing. The program revolves around three main pillars: communication (English – French), applied marketing and project-based learning.
As a part of our BBM (Bachelor of Business Management) team, you’ll be bringing the right experience to the table, combined with a passion for education. Your competences and enthusiasm are in line with the assignment you will be taking on.
You will be employed as both a lecturer and a coach. Clearly communicating with students and being able to convey a message are key components for this position. As the BBM is an English degree program, all classes are taught in English, implying you’ll need a C1 CEFR English for this role.
In brief the assignment will consist of:
- Lecturing Business and ICT.
- Coaching students.
- Supervising theses and work placements.
- You believe in what Odisee stands for and believe you can be an added value to our program.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or ICT.
- You have experience in the broader field of ICT related business or business related ICT.
- You are capable of clearly conveying a message to students.
- Diversity encourages you.
- Inspiring young minds inspires you.
- You are a native English speaker or equivalent native speaker (C1 CEFR English).
- You are open to constructive criticism and constantly like to improve yourself.
- CoOperation in a dynamic learning environment.
- An interesting and varied position, packed with interesting networks, projects and opportunities to develop yourself.
- Assignment as lecturer in an open-ended or fixed-term contract, employment between 10% and 100%. Assignment starts on September 16.
- Standardized pay scale depends on educational background (bachelor/master). More info on: https://onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/salaris
- The respective pay scales are 316 for Bachelors and 502 for Masters. Visiting lecturers fall under a different framework.
- Possibility for tenure.
- Previous professional experience can be included in your seniority, if said experience is deemed useful for your position at the institution and can be proven.
- A full-time position implies 38 hours/week.
- The assignment will initially be taking place on our Brussels campus.
- Transportation expenses are completely covered for the commute between campus and your home. Other benefits include cycling allowance, discounts, beneficial terms for hospitalization insurance and interesting holidays.
Information containing the job contents can be requested by sending an email to Koen Coonen, BBM Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0496 07 59 89.
Other information can be requested by sending an email to Regine Roggeman, personnel department, email@example.com.
Candidates will be screened and selected based on their resume and cover letter. Selected candidates will be invited for an online interview, shortly after the cut-off date (July 8 2020). After this interview, we will invite the selected candidates for a brief test class on campus or online.
Odisee voert een actief diversiteitsbeleid. Verschillen tussen mensen op het vlak van afkomst, leeftijd, gender, cultuur, religie, geaardheid of fysieke uitdaging beschouwen we als een verrijking. We zijn steeds op zoek naar collega's met ervaringen en competenties die dit ondersteunen.