Sports, culture and recreation Aalst
Leisure and lending service
If you want to play table tennis, a game of foosball or darts or some other relaxing activity at a free moment, you can always do so at the following places:
- Inside near the student restaurant (fossball table and table tennis)
- Near the bib on level 0 (foosballtable, table tennis and darts)
- Outside near the main entrance you will find outdoor table tennis
- Be sure to also use the green campus environment to relax!
- Table tennis equipment, foosball balls, darts, spikeball sets, KUBB, giant jenga and giant micado, soccer ball and folding goals, large selection of board games.
- Lending free of charge at STUVO, 2Z30 reception desk.
Activities and events
We regularly organise relaxing activities at a student-friendly price (e.g. karting, indoor skiing, laser shooting, escape room...). Some activities take place on campus, others at an external location.
Sports hall campus Aalst
Campus Aalst has a modern sports hall where you can play a variety of indoor sports.
- Dressing rooms and showers available.
- Material for various sports to be borrowed through STUVO (basketball, indoor soccer ball, badminton equipment, team shirts, yoga mats...)
- As a student, you can reserve the sports hall for free to use with fellow students. During the week, this is possible during the day when the hall is free and no classes or events are taking place. In the evening only on Tuesday evenings and with a reservation in advance.
- Preferably reserve the sports hall at least 1 week in advance, but even during the day you can come to STUVO to hear if the hall is free.
Questions? Just drop by STUVO reception desk 2Z30 or contact us by mail.
Sports, culture and recreation city of Aalst
Swim passes at student rate
As a student on our campus, buy a multi-use pass for the sports pool at Aquatopia, the Aalst swimming complex:
- 20-turn card at €35
10-turn card at €20
- Purchase your swim card at STUVO reception desk 2Z30 via Bancontact.
Sports in Aalst
Aalst has a large sports offer. All info around sports, clubs, infrastructure (in and outdoor facilities, swimming pool, skate grounds, bike park...) and sports news in Aalst can be found on the website of Aalst Sport.
Some nice routes give you lots of running opportunities through the city park and Osbroek nature preserve just a stone's throw away from campus. Feel free to use the locker rooms and showers on campus to start from there.
Biensoigné is the beating heart of what lives among the young people in Aalst; an interactive forum by and for young people of Aalst. From news items written for, about and by them, information on event hall Cinema, a youth calendar open for suggestions, the what, where, when of Aalst student life with its clubs and 100-day parties, everything related to skate festival Betong to a do-it-yourself guide to bring your own events to life.
Performances and courses CC De Werf
Cultural Center De Werf has a diverse program of theater, dance, music, comedy, courses.... Browse the programme, there is something for everyone.