Study certificates

Self-service certificates

As a student, you can request the following certificates via the self-service application. The requested certificate will immediately be sent to your Odisee email address so that you can easily save or print the attestation.

  • Registration certificate
  • Certificate for the NMBS
  • Account balance
  • Study certificate (standard form)
  • Transcript
  • Provisional certificate (see below on this page)

Go to the self-service application


Papier naast een laptop

Form De Lijn

Are you enrolled as a student for the academic year 23-24 and would you like to buy a discounted annual pass of De Lijn?

Provide the completed document and registration certificate to De Lijn. You can do this by postal mail or through a 'Lijnwinkel'. You can find more information on the application form.

Go to the application form (login as a student required)

Read more about mobility for students

Bus De Lijn


Graduated, now what? Are you going to work or continue your studies? Would you like to know when and how you will receive your diploma? What a provisional certificate is and what you can do with it? What to do if you have lost your diploma?

You will find the answers to your questions below.

Graduated, now what?

When you graduate, whether or not during the academic year, you have several options. You can decide to start working immediately, as an employee or as a self-employed person, or you can choose to continue your studies (possibly abroad).


Read more about it

Provisional certificate

While waiting for your final diploma to be issued in December, you will receive a provisional certificate after you graduate. You can use this to apply for jobs or to register in an educational institution.

You can request your provisional certificate via the self-service application as soon as your results are available in your study progress file.


Go to the self-service application

Official diploma

In the autumn, following the academic year of graduation, graduation ceremonies are organised by the clusters. You will be personally invited to this ceremony (via e-mail).

Your diploma will be sent to your address by registered mail .
Students graduating up to and including April, can expect their diploma at the end of May - beginning of June.
Students graduating from May onwards can expect it in December.

Shipment not collected

If you have not been able to take delivery of the registered mail, it will remain available for 15 days in the post office/pick-up point. The postman will leave a note with the details of where you can pick it up and when.

If you do not pick up the shipment within 15 days it will be returned to us. You then have two possibilities to receive your diploma:

  • You can collect your official diploma free of charge at your campus (after you have contacted the campus via email

    You can also have your diploma collected by another person with a proxy. You can use the proxy form for this purpose.

    Make sure that the person who comes to collect your diploma brings the proxy form as well as a copy of your identity card and his/her own identity card.

  • If you wish to receive the diploma again by registered mail, € 20 will be charged. For this you will first receive an invoicefor this via email. As soon as we have received the payment, we will send you an email as confirmation and the official diploma will be sent by registered mail.

If you want to make use of this possibility, please send an email to and provide us with the information below:

  • Copy of front and back of your identity card
  • Address to which the diploma may be sent
  • Diploma obtained

Certificate to replace a lost or destroyed diploma

We do not hand out duplicates of the diploma/diploma supplement but provide a certificate to replace a lost or destroyed diploma.

For the creation and sending of this certificate we charge € 50. You will receive an invoice by email. As soon as we have received the payment, we will send a confirmation email and the certificate as a replacement will be made. Within two weeks after receiving the payment your certificate will be sent by post.

Would you like to request a certificate to replace a lost or destroyed diploma?

Send an email to and provide us with the information below:

  • Copy of the front and back of your identity card
  • Address to which the certificate may be sent
  • Diploma obtained
  • Graduation year

Recognition and visa for healthcare professions

To be able to practise certain health professions in Belgium, you need a visa and recognition.
On the website of the Agentschap Zorg & Gezondheid (Agency for Care and Health)  you will find an overview of the professions (in Dutch) for which this applies and which procedure you have to follow to receive the recognition and/or visa.

Getting a job as a healthcare professional?

There is no recognition for healthcare professionals, but there is a registration with the Agentschap Zorg & Gezondheid (Agency for Care and Health). More information about the registration can be found here (in Dutch).
In some cases you have to submit a certificate of success for registration. You can request this from the Student Administrative Services Centre (, quoting your student number.
If you meet the requirements, you will receive the certificate within two weeks of your request.