What to do if you no longer receive groeipakket/child benefits?

Conditions for groeipakket/child benefits

On Centen voor studenten you can check the conditions for receiving child benefits.

The student can print a certificate with the amount of credits taken via the self-service application. In case of discussion, this certificate can be sent to the child benefits fund.

The student is probably not registered

Parents or third parties who discover that the child benefits are cut sometimes contact the Student Administrative Services Centre because they think that there is an administrative problem; however, that is rarely the case.

It often happens that a student is not enrolled or he/she is enrolled but does not have enough study credits (usually as a result of a refusal due to a lack of study progress or a too few study credits) and he/she is afraid to tell his/her parents/third parties.

If you have any doubts, log in to his/her study progress file together with the student and check the administrative situation.

You can log in from any computer with an internet connection and every student who is enrolled will have the necessary login details.

Privacy clause

The laws on privacy (the General Data Protection Regulation) do not allow Odisee to disclose data about its students to third parties.

This means that we don't provide any information to parents or third parties, but only to the student in question. However, there are a number of ways that you, a parent or third party, can follow a student's study academic career.

2 studenten kijken samen op het scherm van een laptop