Introduction to scientific study of animal behaviour
HELP, HOW DO I WRITE AN ASSIGNMENT?
You would love to take up a postgraduate course or a master course but want to ameliorate your scientific writing skills? This is the course you need: you will learn how to search for scientific literature, how to interprete scientific papers and how to write assignments correctly in a format appropriate for academic communication to professional and non-professional audiences in writing.
This module is an optional module for students taking part in the Companion Animal Behaviour and Welfare Program being either the postgraduate course leading to the role of Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CAB) or Animal Behaviour Technician (ABT). Other students are also welcome to take up this module.
I want to subscribe for this course!
- You can start this module at different moments during the academic year.
- You can write your assignment in Dutch or in English.
- This module is offered online: study anywhere, anytime!
- We offer you individual support.
What will you learn?
- Searching for scientific literature using key words.
- Critical reading and assessing the quality of scientific literature and other available sources.
- An overview of statistical methods commonly used in scientific research.
- How to evaluate statistical tests as a non-statistician.
- The principles of academic integrity.
- The criteria of scientific writing: the format, content and structure.
You can find more detailed information in the ECTS-file of this module.
What will be the learning outcome?
After completion of this module you will be able to:
- search for and select scientific literature appropriate to your goal;
- judge the relevance to the objective and credibility of the literature;
- evaluate statistical tests as a non-statistician;
- communicate written information in a format appropriate for academic communication to professional and non-professional audiences in writing.
How do you study?
The course is online, using the Toledo learning platforme. The course material is in English but you are free to write your assignment in English or in Dutch.
For students Clinical animal behaviour and Animal behaviour technician
We strongly advise you to participate in this module if you do not have or have limited experience of writing in a scientific style. In this module is included how to search for scientific
literature, the interpretation of scientific papers
and how to write assignments correctly
using scientific based knowledge.
Practical info at a glance
When, where, tuition fee, contact person? You can find all practical information here.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions on our program.
Follow our Facebook-page for regular information on our courses and on companion animal behaviour and welfare in general.
Convinced? Or still having questions?
Want to know more?
Do you want to know more? Do not hesitate to contact us by email.
This course is a co-operation between Odisee and Davalon, Knowledge in Pet Coaching.